Vision, Ethos and Values
Our Vision for Diamond Hall Infant Academy
"To be an informed, reflective learning community where everyone is challenged, encouraged and inspired to be their very best. Our passion is to create an appetite for learning to broaden horizons for life now and in the future. We will nourish the ability of our children to believe in themselves and enable them to grow as confident, competent individuals".
Underpinning our practice is the principle of focusing on each and every child in every way needed ‘Child first ‘is key to shaping our ethos.
Following this Diamond Hall Infant Academy has 5 core values at its heart:
- Positive mindset - for children and staff to have self belief – to know they can do things – this shapes our school motto – I can, you can, we can.
- Wellbeing - for children, staff and families to feel positive about themselves, to develop their potential, to work productively, building relationships with others and contribute to the school community.
- Independence – to give children opportunities to think for themselves, to master tasks building self-reliance and self-confidence. As a school to look carefully at research, to think for ourselves and to plan experiences for children based on our professional judgement.
- Respect – for children, staff and adults to treat people in a positive manner demonstrating regard for the feelings, wishes and rights of others.
- Creativity – to give children opportunities to develop and use their imagination in different ways – to create and problem solve. As a school to support adults to plan interesting, engaging learning experiences for children.