Position: Teaching Assistant – Nursery Unit
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 Hours per Week – Term Time Only including Inset Days (39 Weeks)
Advert Start Date: 7th September 2020
Required from: As soon as possible
Salary: SCP 4- 5 £18,426 to £18,795 (pro rata £15,573 to £15,885 per annum) – Pending agreement of 2.75% pay increase
The Trustees are seeking to appoint a highly motivated teaching assistant on a permanent basis, to start as soon as possible and who has experience with children in an educational setting. The successful candidate will work within the classroom setting and will be required to assist children with their daily activities, under the direction of the class teacher. Initially the post will be within our Nursery Unit however, the successful candidate may be placed anywhere within the Academy.
Applications are invited from committed candidates who are prepared to make a positive contribution to the life and ethos of this inclusive school. The successful candidate must have:
- A recognised level 3 qualification or the equivalent
- Have up to date knowledge of the importance of nurturing and the impact it has on the outcomes for children
- Be an outstanding practitioner with high expectations for all children
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of the Early Years Curriculum
- Be proficient in supporting the delivery of all aspects of teaching and learning
- Be proficient in supporting child initiated learning.
- Be an effective communicator and able to work in collaboration with colleagues
- Be flexible and resourceful whilst always putting the needs of the child first
Please note CV applications will not be accepted.