Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 Hours per Week – Term Time Only including Inset Days (39 Weeks)
Advert Start Date: 6th June 2019
Required from: 1st September 2019
Salary: SCP 4- 5 £18,426 to £18,795 (pro rata £15,573 to £15,885 per annum)
The Trustees are seeking to appoint a highly motivated teaching assistant on a permanent basis, to start on 1st September 2019 and who has experience with children in an educational setting. The successful candidate will work within the classroom setting and will be required to assist children with their daily activities, under the direction of the class teacher. Initially the post will be within Reception however the successful candidate may be placed anywhere within the academy including Nursery.
Applications are invited from committed candidates who are prepared to make a positive contribution to the life and ethos of this inclusive school. The successful candidate must have:
- A recognised level 3 qualification or the equivalent
- Have up to date knowledge of the importance of nurturing and the impact it has on the outcomes for children
- Be an outstanding practitioner with high expectations for all children
- Be proficient in supporting the delivery of all aspects of teaching and learning
- Be proficient in supporting child initiated learning.
- Be an effective communicator and able to work in collaboration with colleagues
- Be flexible and resourceful whilst always putting the needs of the child first
Click the files below to view the full job description, person specification and application form. Completed applications should be returned to the Head Teacher. Please note CV applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date for Applications: 24th June 2019
Interviews: w/c 1st July 2019
Diamond Hall Infant Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to be fully committed to our safeguarding policies and procedures, in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Pre-employment checks and references will be sought and the successful candidate will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.